Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Hunchback of Notre-Dame

The Hunchback of Notre-Dame.

That would be me.  With my camera firmly resting on a tripod (Really Right Stuff - you guys rule), aimed up at the monolithic structure that is the Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal.  And me bent down trying to frame the damn thing.  Even with a 24mm lens it barely fit.

According to Wikipedia it is 200 feet tall and 151 feet wide.  Trying to get a shot from further back was a waste as too much traffic and pedestrians, and the perspective would have been skewed.  So I just went to the base and exaggerated the whole thing, waiting for the sky to get down to around the same level as the blue lights under the main arches.  Ultimately the exposure balanced and I was done.  A final shot of the entrance with the "ND" inlayed into the concrete and then I headed back to the hotel.

Looking forward to printing the first one.  Lots of room, there, as even the cropped version leaves me with a mere 28MP.  Ridiculous.



No comments:

Post a Comment